Big & Little Bluestem
- Big bluestem is a warm-season perennial bunchgrass that grows up to 6 feet tall.
- Has an attractive reddish-copper color that provides landscape beauty
- Strong, upright clumps of blue-green foliage
- Leaf tips are often tinged with red
- Seed heads are shaped like turkey's foot and appear in August - September
- Coppery-red fall color
Zones: 2-9 Full Sun is best
Packet contains 200++ seeds. Easy to grow from seed!
Big Bluestem ornamental grass: .
Item Name: Big Bluestem Grass Seed Pkt Item Number: 74528
Item Name: Big Bluestem Ornamental Grass 4-1/2" POT Item Number: 75096
Another name for Little Bluestem is Prairie Beardgrass.
- A bunched grass, growing in dense clusters, with the flowering stems up to 4 feet tall.
- Little bluestem is one of the most popular ornamental grasses on the market today and is widely used in landscaping.
- Used in plantings because it is short and mixes well with flowers for increased attraction.
- Turns a striking crimson color in fall.
- Fluffy silver seed heads add some real dazzle to the autumn landscape.
Needs well-drained sand and loam, and excels in dry sandy and rocky soils. Not recommended for heavy clay or damp soils. Plant in full sun for best results.
Packet contains 200++ seeds. Easy to grow from seed! Complete culture included.
Little Bluestem ornamental grass:
Item Name: Little Bluestem Grass Seed Pkt Item Number: 74529
Item Name: Little Bluestem Ornamental Grass 4-1/2" POT Item Number: 75097