MOONSHINE DESIGNS NURSERY
Milan, Illinois
Trees, Shrubs, Perennials, Seeds Shipped To Your Door
Plant shipping resumes in mid-March 2015.  Seeds ship all year.

Schubert Chokecherry

Also sometimes called Canada Red Cherry

Prunus virginiana var. Schubert

  



A shrub or small tree; Usually grown as a tree.  Height usually not over 20 to 25 feet.  Trunk diameter 4 to 8 inches.   The inner bark has bitter cherry flavor and aroma. Covered in blooms during Spring.

This strain has a purplish foliage for most of the summer and fall.  Leaves emerge as bright green in the spring, changing to a deep, deep reddish purple.  Dense, pyramidal to oval shape, and grayish bark.

Fruit is borne in dense clusters; first reddish, then turning nearly black when fully ripe. The skin of fruit thick; flesh thin and dark; very astringent to the taste, but edible.  Used in the making of jams, jellies, and some very good tasting wine.

Popular tree for birds. Chokecherry is the most widely distributed tree in North America, extending from the Arctic Circle to Mexico and from the Atlantic to the Rockies.

Very hardy.  Zones 2-9

 Very adaptable. Tolerates poor dry soils. Full sun to partial shade

CANNOT SHIP TO CA

Plants shipped semi bare root

Gallons.  24-40".   Item Number: 76284

Schubert Chokecherry GAL SBR
Qty: Price: $10.95 ea.  3-9 @ $9.95 ea.  10 or more @ $8.95 ea.

SOLD OUT

 

Three Gallon 3-4'+  Item Number: 76285

Schubert Chokecherry 3 GAL SBR
Qty: Price: $18.95

SOLD OUT

 

Seed:   pak of 15-20 seeds.  Easy from seed.  Some genetic variability occurs with about 80% having the red-purple foliage.  Remaining 20% have the standard green foliage.  Obvious in the first year.  Item Number: 76096

Schubert Chokecherry Seed Pkt
Qty: Price: $2.50

 

 

Michael Kors outlet canada goose legend blue 11s Michael Kors outlet nike beats by dre coach factory Michael Kors outlet jordan retro 7 jordan 7 jordan retro 7 jordan retro 11 retro jordans legend blue 11s retro jordans canada goose jordan retro 7 legend blue 11s jordan retro 7 jordan retro 7 beats by dre cheap louis vuitton outlet jordan retro 12 nike air max moncler jackets coach outlet beats by dre cheap louis vuitton outlet jordan retro 12 beats by dre cheap nike air max coach outlet jordan retro 12 beats by dre cheap beats by dre cheap louis vuitton outlet moncler jackets beats by dre cheap moncler jackets louis vuitton outlet jordan retro 11 red cements 10s air jordans jordan 4 jordan 11 jordan retro 11 jordan 4 louis vuitton outlet legend blue 11s louis vuitton outlet jordan retro 11 jordan 4 jordan 11 air jordan 4 michael kors outlet jordan retro 11 jordan 4 louis vuitton outlet uggs on sale air jordan 4 louis vuitton outlet french blue 7s jordan 11 legend blue jordan 11 jordan 11 legend blue air jordans air jordan 4 louis vuitton outlet canada goose sale louis vuitton outlet jordan retro 4 michael kors outlet jordan retro 11 jordan retro 4 louis vuitton jordan retro 11 michael kors outlet michael kors outlet uggs on sale jordan 11